Six Steps for Programming your IC-2100H
(from the front panel of radio)
1. You MUST be in the VFO mode to begin programming your radio. If it is in memory mode (black icon with M shown in the display), put your radio in VFO mode by pressing and releasing the “V/MHz button (sixth button).
2. Set the frequency you want to use by pressing and releasing the “V/MHz” button (sixth button), rotating the tuning knob to select 3, 4, 5 or 6 for the 10 MHz slot. Press and release the “V/MHz” once again, rotating the tuning knob to select the 1 MHz slot digit. Press and release the “V/MHz” one last time, rotating the tuning knob to select the kHz digits.
(If the tuning steps need to be changed in order to rotate to the correct digits, press and release the “SET” button (first button) to enter the set mode, then press and release “SET” button until you get to the “TS” function. Use the tuning knob the rotate to the correct tuning step. To exit the set mode, quickly press and release the PTT).
3. To set your offset or duplex (dup), toggle between “simplex”, “–Dup” and “Dup” (which is the positive dup) by pushing and holding the “DUP” button (third button) several times until you see the correct setting in the display..
Note: If you have selected a simplex frequency or a repeater frequency that does not require a sub audible tone to access, please proceed to Step #6.
4. If the repeater requires a sub audible tone, set the tone in the SET mode. Press and release the “SET” button (first button) to enter the set mode. Press and release the “SET” button until “RP” appears. Using the tuning knob, scroll to the correct tone the repeater requires. Press and release the PTT to exit the set mode.
5. Even though you have told the radio what tone to use in step 4, you still have to turn on the tone. Press and release the “Tone” button (fourth button) until the radio displays a "T".
6. Now that you have the frequency, offset and tone (if required) selected, you are now ready to save your settings in a memory channel. Press and release the “S.MW” button (located below the On/Off button on top left of radio). The memory channel indicator should be flashing. Using the tuning knob, select the memory you want to store this setting in. (A blank screen will indicate an open memory channel. If you choose a memory where a frequency is displayed, you will over write it). Push and hold the “S.MW” key for 1-2 seconds to store programmed information.
If you have additional memories to program, start again at Step #2. If you have completed your programming, press and release the “M/CALL” key to operate from Memory mode.
That's it! Using the above steps you should have no trouble entering either simplex or repeater frequencies and saving them.
Enjoy your hobby! 73